CyberWatch West educational member Coastline Community College is the home of the CyberTech Girls program, which organizes one-day technology training events for middle school and high school girls who want to learn more about cybersecurity topics.
Female students in grades 7–12 have the opportunity to work with computers, meet professionals, and network with their peers. Hands-on activities may include computer forensics, website design, binary and cryptography lessons, and computer assembly.
Below are curriculum and materials developed by CyberTech Girls. CyberWatch West members are invited to download them and use them as planning resources and inspiration for their own events.
Underlined text within the documents indicates placeholder text that will need to be updated or customized for future events.
- event proposal [MS Word file, 47 KB]
- activities [MS Word file, 41 KB]
- agenda [MS Word file, 40 KB]
- registration form [MS Word file, 39 KB]
- rooms and equipment needed [MS Word file, 44 KB]
- volunteers and hosts [MS Word file, 41 KB]
- Sample flyer used for CyberTech Girls OC 2017 [JPEG file, 327 KB]
- Sample T-shirt design used for CyberTech Girls OC 2017 [JPEG file, 263 KB]