Industry partners are local, regional or statewide businesses, industries or professional organizations that advance the goals of CyberWatch West by providing
- Support for student awards and scholarships
- Access to personnel and facilities for high-tech industry tours
- Support for outreach activities
- Expertise, experience, advice and guidance
- Participation in demonstration projects
- Internships and work experience for students
- Externships and work experiences for teachers
- Support for competition events
- Presentations at local schools and appearances at open houses
CyberWatch West is currently looking for Industry Partners to provide input on curriculum, serve as speakers for colleges, or participate in competitions.
Benefits of Being a CyberWatch West Partner
- Recognition through listing on the CyberWatch West website, and all publications disseminated regionally and nationally.
- Premier opportunity to hire graduating students for permanent positions and all students at earlier stages of study for internships.
- Professional development opportunities through workshops/seminars/conferences.
- Opportunity to become a CyberWatch West sponsor, either for the CyberWatch West Center as a whole, or for particular events/programs, such as the Western Regional Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition or the Pacific Rim Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition.
- Access to faculty expertise via consulting arrangements.
- Invitation to participate as guest lecturer in courses/workshops/seminars.
- Participation in shaping and updating cybersecurity/information assurance curricula.
- Collaboration in grant proposals.
- Networking opportunities with other partners and academic institutions.
- Dissemination through the CyberWatch West newsletters, reports, and website.
To Apply to Become an Industry Partner
Complete our online application.
Volunteering as a Speaker
To volunteer as a speaker for a CyberWatch West member school, please follow this link to complete the form: Industry Partner Volunteer Speaker Form